These instructions will help guide your child’s access to D2L Brightspace.
1. Type the Internet address for YRDSB’s D2L login page:
2. Select “Student Login.”
Be prepared to type your child’s YRDSB student number and YRDSB password.
3. Type your child’s YRDSB student number and password.
Please remind your child to not share the login information with anyone else.
4. Select the D2L course you want to enter under “My Courses.”
Your child can only join courses that teachers have enrolled them in.
Try the following strategies if your child is unable to login to D2L Brightspace:
Turn your computer off and then on again.
Log out of all accounts, including your personal accounts.
Use the Google Chrome web browser (not Safari, ).
Type your child’s YRDSB credentials (YRDSB StudentNumber@gapps.yrdsb.ca and YRDSB password).
Finding Your Courses in D2L Brightspace
1. Login as a student using your child’s YRDSB student number and password.
2. There are two options to access your D2L course(s). Option one involves the waffle.
Click on the waffle at the top of the screen.
3. A dropdown menu will appear.
Select the correct course and click on it to enter the course.
4. Option two involves using “My Courses.”
Scroll down until you see My Courses and select the correct year (and semester).
5. Select the correct course.
After selecting the correct course click on it to enter.
If you continue to have problems with D2L Brightspace, please contact Derrick Schellenberg, a digital literacy consultant.