Policies and procedures are important resources that govern the operation of York Region schools. They provide belief statements and operating guidelines for parents and staff regarding the administration of program, property, student, staff and Board matters.
It is the expectation of the York Region District School Board that all employees, students and persons invited to or visiting Board property; or partaking/volunteering in Board or school-sponsored events and activities will respect the policies and procedures of the Board.
Board Policies and Procedures
Frequently accessed York Region District School Board Policies & Procedures:
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Character Development
- Environmental Responsibility
- Field Trips
- Healthy Schools and Workplaces
- Loan of Board-Owned Equipment (Students)
- Political Clubs in Secondary Schools
- Provision of Barrier Free Facilities
- Provision of Health Support Services in School Settings
- Respectful Workplace and Learning Environment
- Caring and Safe Schools
- Student Dress Code
- Student Leadership and Student Voice
- Student Transportation
- Student Trustees
- Use of Technology
Policies for Comment
Feedback from staff and community members, including parents/guardians, is an important part of the review process.