Policies and procedures are important resources that govern the operation of York Region schools. They provide belief statements and operating guidelines for parents and staff regarding the administration of program, property, student, staff and Board matters.
It is the expectation of the York Region District School Board that all employees, students and persons invited to or visiting Board property; or partaking/volunteering in Board or school-sponsored events and activities will respect the policies and procedures of the Board.
Board Policies and Procedures
TIP: To search for a specific keyword or policy number, use ctrl+f on your desktop or the "Find on Page" search function on your mobile browser.
Expand to see Board Policies & Procedures listed:
- Equitable Assessment, Evaluation and Communication of Student Learning and Achievement
- Environmental Responsibility
- Field Trips, One Day Trips, Short-Term Overnight Field Trips and Extended Field Trips
- Healthy Schools and Workplaces, Substance Use, Addiction and Related Behaviour, Physical Activity, Healthy Eating, Mental Health and Disability Management
- Loan of Board-Owned Equipment (Students)
- Political Clubs in Secondary Schools
- Provision of Barrier Free Facilities
- Provision of Health Support Services in School Settings
- Human Rights: Code-Related Harassment and Discrimination
- Caring and Safe Schools
- Student Dress Code
- Student Leadership and Student Voice
- Student Transportation
- Student Trustees
- Appropriate Use of Technology