This area of the Board's website provides visitors with a variety of resources which support students in their goal setting, transitions and pathways planning for post-secondary destinations and beyond.
The secondary school guidance department serves the school community in a variety of ways:
- Supports students in academic planning and course selection
- Helps students to seek out special pathways programs in secondary school that support their learning styles, interests and needs
- Helps individual students to envision a plan for post-secondary and target some short and long term goals
- Provides information around all post-secondary pathways (workplace, college, apprenticeship, university) and career pathways
- Supports students in establishing effective study habits and exam preparation
- Coaches in the scholarship application process
- Supports students in such life skills as decision-making, problem-solving, conflict-resolution, stress & time management and relationship awareness
- Provides personal counselling and referrals to community resources
- Provides crisis counselling and referrals to community resources
Please call or visit the guidance department at your child's secondary school. Guidance offices are comfortable and welcoming environments for all students and families; a place where you can obtain both information and support.