How Can We Help You?

If you have questions or a concern, we encourage you to contact us. Most situations can be resolved with dialogue and cooperation at the local level. 

Contact your child’s teacher for questions related to the classroom, including 

  • student learning
  • homework and assignments
  • classroom rules and consequences

Contact the school principal if you have questions or concerns about the school. This may include:

  • student registration
  • student behaviour 
  • report card or classroom concerns
  • school council and fundraising 
  • other school-wide programs.

Contact your school superintendent If your concern remains unresolved or is about a community-wide issue. You may also contact your superintendent if you have questions about Board-level support, including:

  • suspension appeals
  • alternate attendance requests

You can find your school superintendent contact on your school’s website. 

You can contactyour local trustee at any time. Your trustee can assist you with:

  • concerns about your community
  • ideas and suggestions for the Board
  • items on Board Agenda and policies under review
  • Board budget

Learn more about how to share your views on policy issues and Board governance.

You may also wish to contact the appropriate Board department if your concern is not school related, including:

  • Continuing Education
  • Community Permits
  • Transcripts
  • Student Transportation 

We are committed to addressing concerns in a fair, equitable and timely manner.

The Board also has a Human Rights Commissioner’s Office. If you have a human rights related concern and/or complaint, the first step is to engage with the school or the superintendent.  Following a review of the matter, a determination is made on whether or not it is to be referred to the Board’s Human Rights Commissioner’s Office.

Many policies, procedures and processes have been developed to help support students, families and the community, including the Supporting Community Concerns Policy.