Welcome to the York Region District School Board Careers site. Our Board is the third largest school district in Ontario. Encompassing nine municipalities, York Region stretches from Lake Simcoe to Vaughan, Markham to Nobleton. To learn more about YRDSB, please visit the About Us section of the website.
Our Board Strategies will help inform and guide work at the classroom, school, department and system level.
Teacher Hiring Protocol
The YRDSB is committed to preparing students for success, now and in the future. To achieve this, it is essential to have a well-prepared, qualified and diverse teacher workforce. We are committed to ensure that all teachers will have the knowledge, skills, and attributes needed to ensure that each student’s background and social identity is respected in order to reach their full potential.
The Teacher Hiring Protocol shall be applied in accordance with collective agreement obligations.
Visit Apply to Education to see current opportunities at YRDSB.
Online Police Vulnerable Sector Checks
Sterling Backcheck is the Global Background Screening Partner for York Region District School Board. Register for an account and complete your check online.
NEW! No fee to apply
To apply for a job you must complete all 3 steps:
Create online employment application for YRDSB
Apply to a job posting
Ongoing Job Postings
- Assistant for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing 2022/2023
- Braillist 2022/2023
- Caretaker 2022/2023
- Casual Access Notetaker 2022/2023
- Clerical/Administrative Support 2022/2023 (Casual Opportunities)
- Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) 2022/2023
- Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) 2022/2023 (Casual Opportunities)
- Elementary Occasional Teacher (Primary/Junior/Intermediate) 2022/2023
- Educational Assistant (EA) - Developmental Support Worker (DSW) or Intervention Support Worker (ISW) 2022/2023 (Casual Opportunities)
- Elementary French Teacher
- Intervenor for Students with Deafblindness 2022/2023
- Library Technician 2022/2023 (Casual Opportunities)
- Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist 2022/2023 (Temporary/Term Opportunities)
- Psychologist/Psychological Associate 2022/2023
- School Social Worker 2022/2023 (Temporary/Term Opportunities)
- Secondary Occasional Teacher (Intermediate/Senior) 2022/2023
- Sign Language Interpreter 2022/2023
- Special Education Assistant 2022/2023 (Casual and Temporary/Term Opportunities)
- Speech-Language Pathologist 2022/2023
60 Wellington St. West
Aurora, ON L4G 3H2
905-727-0022 ext. 2878
Apply to Education
Monday to Friday
7:30 am - 7:00 pm EST