York Region District School Board has 13 trustees representing all areas of York Region.
They are elected by English public school supporters for a four-year term.
We also have three student trustees representing student voice at the Board table.
Trustees have a number of important roles and responsibilities, including:
- Communicating with the public.
- Setting policy for the operation of all public schools in York Region.
- Participating on various Board and Advisory Committees.
- Setting an annual budget.
- Establishing a Multi-Year Strategic Plan to guide system direction.
- Hiring and conducting the performance review of the Director of Education.
- Advocating for quality public education.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and observe any public Board, Advisory and Board Committee meetings.