Finance Services are responsible for:
- financial stewardship of Board assets
- financial guidance to schools and system partners
- accurate and timely reporting to the Ministry
- the Board's budget process and year-end financial statement
Yes. The York Region District School Board is a registered Canadian charity. Please contact Finance Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Yes, in accordance with Board Policy and Procedure #129.0, Donations and Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
The most convenient and secure method to donate is through School Cash Online. By selecting the Make A Donation button, donors may choose a school and include a message with their donation. Charitable Donation receipts are automatically and immediately generated by the system. There is no minimum amount for which a charitable donation receipt will be issued when using School Cash Online.
Cash and cheque donations are also accepted. Charitable donation receipts will be issued for donations greater than $25. Please contact your school Principal or Finance Services by email at email@example.com.
Yes, in accordance with Board Policy and Procedure #129.0, Donations. Please contact Finance Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations of used goods may be accepted upon the preapproval of the school Principal, in consultation with Finance Services. The Board does not accept donations of used exercise equipment, appliances, electronics, computer software or computer equipment.
Charitable donation receipts may be available for used items with a deemed value greater than $500. A Fair Market Value Appraisal is required in these situations. For further guidance please contact Finance Services by email at email@example.com.
- All purchases made with fundraising funds must follow Policy and Procedure #676.0, School Fundraising and Administration of School Generated Funds, and Policy and Procedure #161.0, Purchasing.
- A fundraising plan created and approved by the Principal must be created each school year and the plan should align with the school improvement plan.
- If fundraising for a playground, please be aware that a playground with a cost greater than $10,000 is considered a Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) per Ministry of Education guidelines. The Board must adhere to specific reporting requirements for TCA. Please contact Finance Services for guidance and support in these situations.
For general inquiries, please contact us at:
60 Wellington Street