York Region District School Board Purchasing Services' Mandate is to be accountable, ethical and fiscally responsible in protecting public funds. It is the department's goal to achieve best value for money. We adhere to all procurement laws, regulations, rules, acts and the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive in our efforts to serve the public interest with fair, open and transparent procurement processes in the acquisition of goods and services.
Purchasing Services is above all a service department, primarily involved and focused upon the strategic acquisition of goods and services to meet the needs of students in the education process. Reporting to the Coordinating Superintendent, Business and CFO, Purchasing Services facilities all life-cycle activities from acquisition to end-of-use for goods and services utilized in educational, administrative and technical operations. Student achievement and wellness is of paramount importance in all our decision-making activities.
What We Do!
- Ensure Organizational Procurement Accountability
- Deliver Customer Service
- Strategically Source Products & Services
- Facilitate Competitive Bid Process
- Negotiate Optimal Price & Value
- Administer and Manage Contracts
- Mitigate Risk
- Manage Vendor Relationships
- Apply Life Cycle Supply Chain Procurement Principles