Facilities Management / Plant Services oversees the day-to-day operations and maintenance of 240 York Region District School Board facilities (schools and administrative centres), equating to approximately 14 million square feet of combined space.
The department is organized into the following two core service areas: Maintenance & Construction (including the Maintenance Centre) and Operations (Caretaking, Buildiing Systems, and Quality Standards), which are supported by the department's senior management team and the Associate Director of Education & Chief Financial Officer.
Plant Services is dedicated to delivering the highest quality service to York Region students, staff and communities through the provision of safe, sustainable learning environments and facilities.
Our dedicated and efficient staff are committed to proactive, responsive, consultative service by:
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Acting in an environmentally responsible manner
- Ensuring legislative compliance
- Applying the best uses of technology
- Providing timely responses
- Taking initiative and adapting to change