Students from York Region District School Board were recognized for their achievements at the York Region Science and Technology Fair.
The science fair, held April 6-10, gave students an opportunity to showcase their scientific knowledge and their problem solving and critical thinking skills. More than 50 students from around York Region participated in the virtual regional science fair hosted by York University. Students from YRDSB took home the following awards:
- Two students received gold awards
- One student received a silver medal
- Two students received bronze medals
- Five students received honourable mentions
The two students who won gold awards will go on to represent York Region at the Canada-Wide Science Fair in May:
- Patricia Rea from Markham D.H.S. for BioGrade Yeast: Protecting Martian Biofactories with a Novel cfAFP-501-CcMreB Polymer
- Noah Bryan from Elementary Virtual School for Hand Washing Always Wins, But Why at the Cost of Dry Damaged Skin?
“We are so proud of all of our students who participated in this first virtual regional science fair, and the educators who have supported their learning. Our students continue to impress us with their scientific knowledge, the connections they make, and their innovative and creative approaches,” said Heather Sears, Superintendent of Education, Curriculum and Instructional Services.
For more information, contact: