The Come Up, in partnership with York University, presents the Black Internship Program. This program is designed to develop leadership skills for Black students and increase education engagement through skills development, experiential learning, and credit accumulation.
Students will be paid, earn 1 Coop credit, and receive a Leadership certification from York University.
When: July 5 - July 28, Monday to Friday
Time: 8:45 a.m. - 3:35 p.m
Location: York University
Eligibility: (must meet all criteria) :
- Are you a YRDSB student?
- Do you identify as Black?
- Are you entering grade 11 in September 2023?
- Do you have a SIN number?
This program enables students to:
- Customize their secondary school education to suit their interests and skills
- Learn in a safe, supportive and Black affirming environment with like-minded staff and peers
- Explore and refine their academic & career goals
- Earn an co-op credit
- Engage in experiential & community based learning while getting paid
Registration opens April 11, 2023 and closes May 26, 2023
Space is limited.
For more information visit https://www2.yrdsb.ca/thecomeup or email TheComeUp@yrdsb.ca.