Application Deadline: October 7, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
The York Region District School Board is seeking one community member with financial expertise and business knowledge to serve on its audit committee for a three-year term effective January 31, 2023.
The audit committee is comprised of three trustees and two independent members drawn from the community at large. The primary role of the audit committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its duties related to governance and oversight.
Duties of the audit committee fall under the following key areas:
- financial reporting process
- internal control framework
- risk management practices
- performance and function of the Board’s internal and external auditors
- Board compliance with its obligations under legislation
The committee meets at least three times a year, plus ad hoc meetings as required.
Induction training material is available online to all committee members to clarify roles and responsibilities of audit committees for the school board sector.
- Applicants must be a York Region resident and have an accounting designation, as well as sufficient accounting and senior financial management expertise to understand public sector accounting and auditing standards.
- The applicant must not be a current employee or officer of the board or of any other district school board or school authority.
- The applicant must not have a parent, child or spouse currently employed by the board.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 7, 2022 to:
Janna Lagaev, Comptroller, Accounting and Financial Services
York Region District School Board
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and requested to attend a private interview. All other applicants are thanked for their interest. For information about the York Region District School Board, please visit www.yrdsb.ca.