- Guide to the School Year (PDF)
- Ontario Curriculum
- Reporting on Student Achievement
- Parent, Family and Community Involvement
- Information for Newcomers
- Community Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Review the Student Profile with your child to help determine if taking an Online Learning Night School/Online Learning Secondary Summer School course is an appropriate choice.
Your child's day school Guidance Counselor might be able to offer support. Approval to take an Online Learning Night School/Online Learning Secondary Summer School course must be given by your child's day school Principal/Designate.
Parent involvement is vital to a student’s success. Parents can support learners by:
- Providing access to a computer with a stable Internet connection. See System Requirements for more information.
- Providing a specific place (quiet and free from interruptions) where your child can study and work on school assignments.
- Spending time with your child to help him/ her set goals and meet deadlines.
- Supervising schoolwork and monitoring progress.
- Giving extra help when needed.
- Providing support, praise and motivation.
- Communicating with the teacher as appropriate.
- Recognizing that technology problems will occasionally arise and working with your child and the school to resolve them.
Parents who wish to receive a routine update on the progress of their child should contact the teacher directly. Please note an update will only be given to parents of students under 18 years of age, or where consent has been given from over 18 students.