At the YRDSB Museum, students will explore aspects of a school day in the 1872 one room schoolhouse . Students will explore artifacts, documents, photographs and maps as well as various curriculum based lessons such as reading, penmanship, arithmetic and some aspects of an 1850s classroom routine. By the end of the day, students will have a better understanding of what it was like to live and go to school over 100 years ago, in what is now called York Region.
- Lunch Break will be 45 mins to 1 hour including an outdoor recess (weather permitting)
- We are a nut/peanut free environment
- Send indoor shoes with your child
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- If buses are canceled due to inclement weather, Museum programming is also canceled
Teacher's Desk, S.S. No. 5 Markham