During the pandemic, it has become increasingly clear how important it is for our families to be able to find important and up-to-date information.
We are very excited this week to be launching our refreshed Board website. This new site better reflects our board and will make it easier for our community to find and access the information they are looking for. In redesigning the site, we continued to centre our families, including those who are underserved and underperforming. Our work was informed by feedback from the community, data and website design research.
The new site has been designed to be:
- mobile friendly
- translatable (with a built-in translation tool)
- searchable and easier to navigate
There are also some great new pages and features we would like to highlight:
- Check out the Family Resourcesand Online Student Toolspages for quick links to online learning platforms and learning resources, as well as tips to support you in using those tools.
- Visit our Newsroomand keep up-to-date on what’s happening around our board with the latest news, videos and events.
- Find your local trustee or superintendent of education with our new Trustee and Senior Team directories.
- Easy access to information about supports for students, elementary school and secondary school programs, adult learning opportunities and more.
We hope that the website makes it easier for you to find and access the information you are looking for on our site. We will continue to seek input on the website moving forward to ensure it meets the needs of our community. As our audience changes, we want to change with them to ensure our digital front door remains useful, inclusive and welcoming. We look forward to the school website refresh which will align with the new Board site.
Cynthia Cordova, Board Chair
Louise Sirisko, Director of Education