Central Transcript Services

Records Available

An Ontario Student Transcript (OST) is a legal document summarizing an individual's secondary school credits; both failed and achieved. It shows the type of diploma received and the month and year of graduation.

Diploma is a “keepsake” that reflects the successful completion of secondary school. It is generally faster to acquire an OST than a diploma.

An English Education Verification Letter (Quebec Request) is required by individuals who wish their children to attend an English language school in Quebec.

An Education Verification / Proof of Enrollment Letter is often required for employment purposes and/or as requested by the Canada Revenue Agency.


Fee Information

Additional transcripts (applied for within the same request)$5.00 per copy


Requesting different records at the same time (e.g. transcript and diploma) remain subject to each respective fee. Payment must accompany all requests prior to processing.

Credit card (VISA or MasterCard). Call 905-727-0022 extension 2111, press option 3 to securely leave your credit card information.

This line is secure; your personal information is protected.

Cheque only.

Make cheques payable to the York Region District School Board.


Requesting Transcripts / School Records

For students still enrolled in secondary school, please contact the school’s Guidance Department.

For students no longer enrolled in secondary school, complete a School Records Request Form.

Processing time for transcripts is five to seven business days, and for diplomas it can be up to six weeks after receipt of request and fee payment.  This does not include mail delivery time. During peak periods or in certain circumstances, processing times may be longer.


Third-Party Requests

Parents / Guardians

Complete the School Records Request Form. Check “yes” on the section that asks if your submission is a “Third Party Request”.  Email transcripts@yrdsb.ca with the “Consent to Release Personal Information (PDF)” signed by the student if over the age of 18.

Employment Agencies

Mail or email transcripts@yrdsb.ca with the details of the request.  Please include an appropriate "Consent/Authorization to Release Personal Information" signed by your client. Requests cannot be processed until payment is received.

Law Firms

Mail or email transcripts@yrdsb.ca with the details of the request.  Please include an appropriate “Consent/Authorization to Release Personal Information” signed by the student (if over the age of 18), parent/legal guardian, or a person with Power of Attorney.  Access to the requested documentation will be coordinated with the last school attended.  Requests cannot be processed until payment is received.

Records Required for Post-Secondary Applications

If planning to attend College or University in Ontario, the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) and the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC) are the fastest services for post-secondary institutions in Ontario to receive your transcript.  Please visit the websites below for more information.

As part of the application, you will require your Ontario Education Number (OEN) which can be found on your report card.  For students who attended school prior to 2002 or who do not know their OEN, enter nine zeroes (000-000-000) in the OEN section.


Concerns about Record Content

If you have concerns about the content of your school record, please contact the last school you attended.


Frequently Asked Questions

For transcripts, it generally takes five to seven business days to process the request. 

For diplomas, it may take up to six weeks to process the request due to the availability of the appropriate diploma paper for each graduating year.   

Transcripts and diplomas are mailed via Canada Post standard mail service. We are unable to guarantee a delivery date.

Yes.  Please note that emailing a transcript does not alter the fee.  

Please specify on the School Records Request Form, within the "Additional Comments" section, that you require a digital copy.

If you have concerns about the content of your transcript, please contact the last day school you attended.  This may include adding credits acquired through non-YRDSB schools or private schools and/or updating Community Involvement Hours.

No.  Diploma replacements must be mailed to the individual to whom it was granted.  A certified true copy of the diploma can be requested and sent to a third party.

If you have graduated within the last five years, you may contact your school’s Guidance Department.  If you graduated more than five years ago, you may request a transcript through the School Records Request Form

Location and Contact Information:

York Region District School Board - Education Centre

60 Wellington Street West,

Aurora, Ontario

L4G 3H2