School Council Annual Report
The purpose of the school council is to help improve student well-being and achievement and to enhance the accountability of the education system to parents and families. The annual report is intended to outline council’s activities that:
- support parent, family and community involvement and engagement;
- work towards building a positive school environment and an equitable and inclusive school community;
- celebrate achievements of students, schools and the community;
- provide additional support and training; and/or
- raise funds for the school.
At the end of its term, each school council must prepare and submit a written report to the school and to the Board (due the second full week in July), outlining the council's goals, activities, and achievements, including any fundraising activities. The principal, on behalf of the school council, must ensure that a copy of this annual report is provided to every parent who has a child enrolled in the school.
It is important to note that no names of school or community members should be referenced in this report.
If you have any questions about this report, please contact: Leadership.Development.Engagement@yrdsb.ca