Creating an Edsby Parent Account
Edsby provides each parent or guardian with their own account using an email address so if there are more than one parent or guardian at home, each parent or guardian will need a separate active email address to create and Edsby account. Remember, this is not simply signing into your child's Edsby account. If you do not have an email account, you will need to set up an email account.
Edsby is a secure system, to create an account, an invitation from the York Region District School Board, will be sent to the current email address that the school office has on record with your child’s information.
Please follow the steps below in order to create your own Edsby account. You will not be required to repeat this process after you have created your account.
- Ensure the school office has your current email address on record.
- Your school will notify you when they are planning to send out the invitation to Edsby email. This notification may be a letter or newsletter or email.
- You will receive an email invitation from the York Region District School Board to set up your account. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your junk mail folder to ensure that you have not missed this email.
- Click the link in the email you received, and you will be directed to an Edsby webpage to set up your account.
- If you have already created an Edsby account from a previous invitation, choose I already have an account. You will be asked to login.
- If you do not have an Edsby account, choose the "I don’t have an Edsby account" button.
- You’ll then be prompted on a second screen to enter and confirm a password.
- Your email address will already be entered as your username. To keep your account safe, learn how to create a strong password.
- Click "Create Edsby Account". You’ll be logged into your Edsby Account and a “Welcome to Edsby” message will be sent to your email address.