The York Region District School Board provides learners a flexible approach to earning credits in the summer through Online Learning.
Online Learning courses are taught by YRDSB teachers using Ontario's Virtual Learning Environment-BrightSpace by D2L. Students are not required to log in at a specific time each day. Classes occur online using an asynchronous model, with synchronous learning opportunities offered with the teacher.
Access to a desktop or laptop computer with high-speed internet to do coursework is required.
Online Learning Secondary Summer School is available to:
- YRDSB Students
- Non-YRDSB Students who attend a day school other than one of the York Region DSB schools/school within another school board such as YCDSB, TDSB, DDSB, etc...
- Non-Students with Canadian status who are residents in Ontario
Registration period: April 11, 2023 - June 9, 2023
- Full Credit Courses: July 4 - 27, 2023
- Half Credit Course [Session One] : July 4 - 14, 2023
- Half Credit Course [Session Two] : July 17 - 27, 2023
During the summer session students are required to work on their course for six to eight hours daily and hand in work regularly. There is flexibility, students may log in at a convenient time for them.
Complete applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications that include inappropriate email addresses will not be processed. Register during the registration period.