Part 2: Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 University/College (PLF4M)
Includes the following Ministry of Education and Lifesaving Society Certifications:
- Ontario Secondary School Credit - Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 University/College (PLF4M)
- Lifesaving Society's National Lifeguard Certification
- Lifesaving Society's Swim and Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- be 15 years of age or older by the certification test dates in June
- currently attend a Secondary School
- hold a current Bronze Cross Certification
- hold up to date Standard First Aid Certification
For specific details about the Bronze Cross, Standard First Aid, Swim and Lifesaving Instructors and the National Lifeguard Qualifications, visit the City of Markham or the Lifesaving Society website.
Location and Times
Start Date: February 9, 2023
End Date: June 13, 2023
Location: Milliken Mills Community Centre - 7600 Kennedy, Markham, ON,
L3R 9S5 905-777-5530
Cost: $300.00 (Covers Lifesaving Society course materials and exam fees; all types of payment accepted by City of Markham)
Aquatic Leadership Courses through the City of Markham recommend 100% attendance. Late admission cannot be granted. For this reason, cancellation requests must be submitted a minimum of five business days prior to the start of the first class in order to receive a refund. No refund will be granted for late requests.
Pool and Classroom Instruction
Milliken Mills Community Centre - Tuesday and Thursday Classes.
February 9, 2023 to June 13, 2023: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- February 9, 16, 21, 23, 28
- March 2, 7, 21, 23, 28, 30
- April 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 27
- May 2, 4, 9, 16, 18, 23, 30
- June 1, 6, 8
Remote Learning Only Classes
Please review System Requirements and Policies & Procedures.
- February 14
- March 9, 25
- April 25
- May 11, 25
- June 13
The decision to run classes is based on student enrollment and teacher availability. Students must attend all classes. Assessments and Evaluations will occur throughout the program.
Course Expectations will be assessed and evaluated using Standard Lifesaving Society evaluation criteria and the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum Expectations.
“An examiner and Instructor Trainer from the Lifesaving Society will evaluate the aquatic skills required for the National Lifeguard and Swim and Lifesaving Instructor certifications.”
email@example.com or (905) 884-3434 or 1-877-280-8180
How to Register
Learn more on our Aquatic Leadership Program (Markham) - Registration webpage.