Part 2: Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 University/College (PLF4M)
Includes the following Ministry of Education and Lifesaving Society Certifications:
- Ontario Secondary School Credit - Recreation and Healthy Active Living Leadership, Grade 12 University/College (PLF4M)
- Lifesaving Society's National Lifeguard Certification
- Lifesaving Society's Swim and Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- be 15 years of age or older by the certification test dates in June
- currently attend a Secondary School
- hold a current Bronze Cross Certification
- hold up to date Standard First Aid Certification
Location and Times
Start Date: Monday, February 6, 2023
End Date: Monday, June 19, 2023
Location: Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex - 1400 Wellington Street East, Aurora, ON 905-726-4770
Cost: $300.00 (Covers Lifesaving Society course materials and exam fees; all types of payment accepted by Town of Aurora)
Aquatic Leadership Courses through the Town of Aurora recommend 100% attendance. Late admission cannot be granted. For this reason, cancellation requests must be submitted a minimum of five business days prior to the start of the first class in order to receive a refund. No refund will be granted for late requests.
Pool and Classroom Instruction
Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex - Monday and Wednesday Classes.
February 6, 2023 to June 19, 2023: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- February 6, 8, 15, 22, 27
- March 1, 6, 20, 22, 27, 29
- April 3, 5, 12, 17, 19, 24
- May 1, 3, 8, 10, 17, 24, 29
- June 5, 7, 12, 14
Remote Learning Only Classes
Please review System Requirements and Policies & Procedures.
- February 13
- March 8, 25
- April 26
- May 15, 31
- June 19
The decision to run classes is based on student enrollment and teacher availability. Students must attend all classes. Assessments and Evaluations will occur throughout the program.
Course Expectations will be assessed and evaluated using Standard Lifesaving Society evaluation criteria and the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum Expectations.
“An examiner and Instructor Trainer from the Lifesaving Society will evaluate the aquatic skills required for National Lifeguard and Swim and Lifesaving Instructor certifications.”
email@example.com or (905) 884-3434 or 1-877-280-8180
How to Register
Learn more on our Aquatic Leadership Program (Aurora) - Registration webpage.