York Region District School Board’s planning, program development and service delivery processes have a strong tradition of including students with special needs as an integral part of our culture. This tradition is based on a belief that every student can learn and succeed with appropriate accommodations and modifications that address individual strengths and needs.
Vision for Special Education:
We recognize all learners as our learners and work together to ensure the discovery of potential each and every day.
Special Education Plan
Table of Contents
The Special Education Plan includes Sections A-K. Each section has it's own webpage. Please click on the link below to view the content in that specific section.
- Section A: Introduction
- Section B: Ministry and Board Directives
- Section C: Service Delivery Models by Exceptionality
- Section D: Support Staff and Services
- Section E: Intervention Strategies and Procedures
- Section F: Transitions
- Section G: Professional Development
- Section H: Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Section I: Mental Health and Addiction Strategy
- Section J: Appendices
If you would like a full PDF version of the Special Education Plan, please contact the Student Services department at Special.Ed@yrdsb.ca